Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A rainy day

There are days when I just feel different.

I was invited to a 25th anniversary of finishing secondary school.  How easy would it be to go to such a reunion if I had children.

I just couldn't face all the small talks. And noisy questions. And the feeling that I always get on reunions like that - that my life is worthless. 

Usually a long walk or cycling lifts my spirit. But today it is raining cats and dogs, so I preferred to stay inside after work.

Luckily I had a lovely novel to read:

The Japanese Lover

I have always loved Allende's novels.

“You only have one life, but if you live it well, that’s enough. The only reality is now, today. What are you waiting for to be happy?”
Isabel Allende, The Japanese Lover  


4 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I also haven't read that book, so must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Klara, I get that feeling of being "different". It was the same for me at a family gathering last weekend. But you life is very important and meaningful to me! Your showing up here on the blog does make a huge difference.
    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the days at the sea! I find that it has the most calming, relaxing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a great quote! :) Glad you found something else nice to do instead!

    ReplyDelete