Sunday, September 15, 2013

I love travelling



Each of us finds different way of coping with grief & loss. My way was always: travelling!  Buying two flight tickets online, packing backpack, buying a guide and then ... holidays!

After every two failed IVFs we went travelling, to heal my broken heart. So if anybody asked me - are there any advantages of having 10 failed IVFs the answer would be: Yes. We did see lot of the World :)

I am attaching a photo, taken by me (or by DH) three years ago.  It definitely is a breath taking place.


***

I guess we will not be able to go any place for a while (because of taking care for a sick dog & saving money for our house).  But my feet start to itch. They would love to go somewhere, far away, at least for few weeks...

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you could safely say that's what we have done too. Even between our IVFs, when our first cycle was cancelled, and we were told we had to wait two months before our next one, we decided to travel (and went to Vanuatu). I certainly know we wouldn't have travelled so much if we had had children. Rather, I envisage camping trips throughout New Zealand.

    I can also relate to Itchy Feet Syndrome!

    And I love that photograph. It is one of our "must-see" places. One day ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually it is quite nice having Itchy Feet Syndrome ... but I guess your feet are quite satisfied, being on a such a long travel. Have you already chosen your destination for the last 2 weeks of your travel?

      Delete
    2. Probably UK. Not decided yet though.

      Delete
    3. yes, UK sounds like a good choice. I would love to travel around UK one day (I know only London, nothing else)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't really thought about traveling around while on the IF journey, but it DOES make sense.... When I traveled a bit last year and recently, those trips had helped soften the hurt, and gave me relief from being obsessed/reminded all the time (being at home or work, being reminded with baby cues everywhere.) I had noticed an increase in taking three-day weekends off more often this year, and of preparing for two vacations upcoming within six months.

    Glad to know that I'm not the only one who travel to get a timeout from life. :) (or to reunite with life, when one thinks about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Machu Picchu, right? A childless friend of mine hiked the Inca trail a number of years back...it is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next-door cubicle neighbour at work just returned from two weeks in Peru, including Machu Picchu! My former boss went there as well.

      Delete